Chaplain – The Chaplain is responsible for all pastoral and financial matters of the Mission.
Advisory Team – Advisory team provides suggestions to the chaplain and assists him in dealing with all matters of the Mission.
Finance Council – Finance council assists the Chaplain in dealing with all financial matters of the Mission.
Pastoral Council – Pastoral council is comprised of representatives of the different groups of the Mission. It assists the Chaplain in planning, co-ordinating, developing, and improving various pastoral programs.
President of the Pastoral Council – The president of the Pastoral Council assists the Chaplain in carrying out various matters of the Mission.
Secretary – The secretary is responsible for all clerical tasks.
Liturgical Group – Liturgical Group is comprised of various ministries: Choir, Altar Servers, Eucharistic Ministers, Ministers of the Word and Martha Group.
- Choir – Choir leads the faithful in praising God with hymns during Mass and other liturgical services.
- Altar Servers – Altar servers assist the priest at Mass. Through specific ceremonies and rituals, they engage the faithful to actively participate in liturgy.
- Eucharistic Ministers – Eucharistic Ministers assist the priest in distributing the Body and Blood of Christ to the faithful.
- Ministers of the Word – Ministers of the Word (Lectors & Commentators) proclaim the Scripture during Mass and other liturgies. They are responsible for reading the First and Second readings, the Prayers of the Faithful, and making announcements before and after Mass.
- Martha Group – Martha Group is responsible for assisting at the rite of Christian burial (vigil, funeral, prayers at the graveside). They pray for the faithful departed and support families in their time of mourning.
Spirituality Group – Spirituality Group promotes the spiritual life of the Mission. It offers catechism classes for adults (RCIA) and children. It organizes pilgrimages, retreats and workshops.
- RCIA (Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults) – RCIA offers classes on Catholic catechism in Cantonese to adult catechumens to prepare them to receive the Sacraments of Initiation.
- Catechism classes for children – Children learn about Catholic catechism through songs, stories, crafts and other activities.
- Pilgrimages – Two local and one international pilgrimage are organized annually.
- Retreats – Retreats are held at Advent and Lent.
- Workshops – Talks on spirituality and faith sharing are organized.
Hospitality Group – Hospitality Group is comprised of various subgroups to serve the Mission. It includes: Care Group, Usher Group, Audio-visual Group, Sunday Tea Reception, Reception, Photography Group.
- Care Group – Through various educational talks and home visits, Care Group promotes mutual care and support to our brothers and sisters of the Mission.
- Ushers Group – Ushers greet and assist the faithful before and after Mass, maintain order and collect offerings.
- Audio-visual Group – Audio-visual group is responsible for all audio-visual equipment needed in activities of the Mission.
- Sunday Tea Reception – This group prepares tea reception after Sunday Mass.
- Reception – Reception answers inquiries and do registrations for various activities.
- Photography Group – Photography group takes pictures of various activities and functions of the Mission.
Recreation Group – Recreation Group plans various recreational activities and coordinates different groups to participate in them. Examples are Tai Chi classes, Line Dance classes, Brain Beat Dance classes, sightseeing trips and celebrations at Christmas, Chinese New Year, Easter, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day and Mission Anniversary Day.
Editorial Group – Editorial group is responsible for maintaining Mission website, producing weekly bulletin and Voices of SHCCM.
- Website – Website group maintains up-to-date information on the Mission as a channel for connecting with the faithful.
- Weekly Bulletin – Weekly bulletin group provides weekly information including Saints of the Week, Readings of the Week, Announcements and Special Prayer intentions.
- Voices of SHCCM – Voices of SHCCM, published under the guidance of the Chaplain, is an evangelical journal which serves as a platform for the faithful to share their faith journeys.
Sodalities – Sodalities strengthen the spiritual growth of the faithful.
- Young Adult Group – Young Adult Group connects young adults together and supports the growth of the Mission.
Last Updated: April 23, 2017
© Sacred Heart Chinese Catholic Mission Archdiocese of Toronto